Archive for November 14th, 2010

Pasaje Enríquez

Sunday, November 14th, 2010

Pasaje Enrique

Pasaje Enríquez was built on the site where it was initially the Royal House of Aldermen and then the Commander of Arms. The land was bough by the Enríquez family at the end of 19th century. Between 1898 and 1900, Pasaje Enríquez was constructed by the architect, Alberto Porta for the family. The decoration of the building was done by the Italian artist, Luis Liutti.

There used to be some commercial areas on then first floor and the second floor was used as a house by the family. However, in 20th century the family mortgaged it to a bank. It was purchased by several people. Today it is one of the most visited places in Xela with all the bars, restaurants and other businesses in the building.

Pasaje Enríquez
Pasaje Enríquez